Search This Blog

I changed my font at

Friday, April 30, 2010


You would think that making a simple set of tassels would be a quick project...not so if you're me. It's a simple enough process but making four per set and making them in multiple colors gets boring about halfway through. Thankfully I am finished but boy did it take the better part of today to get them done. I guess that's what happens when you wait until the day before you need something done to do it. Lesson learned!

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Random thouhgts

It's been a while since I have sewn anything. I keep looking at a picture of a bag I made last summer. It got me to thinking...I really want a new handbag that I know no one else will have. I am thinking that I am going to enlarge the pattern for this bag, shorten the handle or change it into two (one on each side), and make it out of some black leather or vinyl patterned material. Won't that be fun...

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Hardest Necklace Ever!

This was the first time I used crochet to make a complete piece of jewelry, but not the first time that I have done crochet. However, for some reason or another I chose to use a different type of embroidery floss. This was a metallic and it has a kind of rough hand feel when working with it. It took nearly 2 hours to complete (not to mention that I had to stitch around several beads). But I was not to be discouraged, and I will do it again. I want to do this in different colors and make earrings to match each necklace.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Re-vamping two cabinets

Okay, so I have these two boring white cabinets that I use to keep most of my craft and jewelry supplies. They have been this way for almost three years.  Yesterday I decided to paint them some kind of way. It took all day to just paint one because I couldn't decide on a final design. So for the first one two sides are kind of abstract boxes, the door is black with multi-colored dots. The final side is also black and multi-colored dots, but it has lopsided hearts as the main design. I used acrylic paints and this one turned out pretty good. Last night I tried to paint the second one's door, but I used a tempura paint. I let it dry over night but to my surprise the whole thing flaked. Now I have to scrape it completely off and buy more black paint because I used it all on the first...Oh well, you paint and learn!