Search This Blog



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My craftiness has gone to my head...literally!

Last year I began my transition from relaxed hair to natural hair. I began using protective styles while letting my natural hair grow and retaining the length I had. By this past July I had finally cut of all of the relaxed ends of my hair. I made the decision to loc my hair, but I wanted to wait for a year to get it done. Meanwhile I was researching the different ways to loc hair, maintenance and anything else I needed to know. I had initially wanted to get Sisterlocks, but through my research I saw that the price and installation was more than I was willing to spend. I have been doing my own hair and friends and friends of friends for years and didn't see the benefit of finding someone who was trained to do them. So I decided to do mine with two strand twists and let them cultivate from there. So far my hair is the size that I want ( a little bigger than Sisterlocks but the same basic style) and now I have been looking for the perfect tool to tighten my locks. I saw that you can use a latch hook but it's too big for my locks. I found the site that created the Nappyloc tool and it would be perfect for me. Now because I am crafty and like to make my own things, I want to figure out how to make mine myself but I think I will buy two of the tools if I run into too much of a hassle to make them, especially since they come in different sizes and I need the first two sizes that they make.

No comments:

Post a Comment